Freelance UI / UX designer and Front End Web Developer
As a web developer at Yellow you will be working closely with our graphic designers to translate and build their designs into functioning websites for our clients. We like our designers and developers to work hand in hand, communicating with each other to help build the best possible solution for our clients.
If you are passionate about development, interested in joining a growing team focused on individual growth and team success then this is the role for you. Even if you don’t tick all the boxes below please get in touch as we are always interested in hearing from passionate, talented people no matter their specialism.
The key skills required of a UI / UX designer include:
- At least 2 years working in a design studio
- Know HTML, CSS and SCSS like the back of your hand
- Responsive web design
- Able to translate wireframes and designs accurately to full production HTML and CSS
- Great understanding of Wordpress and can built sites from scratch without using a them or framework
- Have an understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that your code adheres to best practices
- Advanced design skills: you need to understand how design works and be a proficient user of digital design software packages such as Adobe Creative Suite
- An understanding of UI and UX principles and methods
- An understanding of how to manage change, from identifying a problem, such as a high drop-off rate, to how to solve it
- An ability to see things from the user’s viewpoint
- An excellent attention to detail
- Communication skills: you need to be concise with your opinions and you will need to make informed decisions backed by data, to help improve the usability of a website or application
- Experience in building Shopify websites
- Graphic design skills
If you are interested in the position and would like to apply, please email your CV to email@example.com along with some info about yourself.