Technical Lead /Architect Job Specifications
£24,000 + (depending on experience)
Responsible for design and development of new software or extensive software revisions for external customers. Serves as the top level technical expert by creating high-level architectural specifications and addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility and Performs research on the potential project feasibility to management. Must have prior knowledge to Immersive technology deployment with specialism in Unity Software for AR/ VR integration. Requires a bachelor's degree of Computer Science or a related field. Typically reports to Studio manager on daily basisand contributes to technical roadmap for AR360 A specialist on complex technical and business matters. Work is highly independent. May assume a team lead role for the work group. Typically requires 3+ years of related experience.
The main day-to-day tasks of a Technical Lead / Architect include:
- Because the role of a technical architect is so varied, employers will be looking for a wide range of skills, including:
- Good communication with clients/operational
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to build from good relationships with clients/Studio managers and colleagues
- Ability to gather and assimilate information
- Up to date knowledge of technical applications
- Good knowledge of quality standards, legislation and best practice
- Ability to be adapt and prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- Working closely with the creative team with the studio, the Technical lead will have te ability to contribute to initial wireframing of ideas, contributing and assessing risk for timescale delivery and commercial objectives. With an experience of immersive technologies built out in Unity software, the Technical lead can produce a technical roadmap that defines short ‘sprints’ for developing MVP’s and integrating real-time data feeds into the AR360 Platform.
- A lead technical architect will work across multiple projects alongside the creative team on problems that require broad architectural thinking. They are responsible for leading the technical design of AR360 platform systems and services, and can justify and communicate their design decisions.
- Technical leads will oversee a team of personnel focused on creative / technical issues, including immersive software development, product releases, and engineering tasks. In addition to hiring and training short-term contracted staff and delegating work assignments, technical leads may also collaborate with colleagues to identify and repair technical issues. They often evaluate their team's work processes and best practices and implement changes to streamline operations.
- While specific job duties will vary depending on the type of project, general job responsibilities may include creating service goals for the team; ensuring current applications are updated and align with the implementation of new mobile and desktop applications; analyzing end users' needs; and selecting applications to meet those needs. Other tasks may include developing troubleshooting programs and supervising system modifications.
- The Technical leads will also create and implement risk mitigation processes and conduct GDPR audits to determine compliance in applications. Some leads create reports or articles for publication in industry publications and make internal presentations on new immersive technology.
- An understanding of UX principles and methods for what the Creative team members are setting out to achieve.
- • Technical leads must have excellent technical abilities in order to successfully perform their job responsibilities. Applicable skills may include the following: mobile or website systems; security principles; open source security tools; programming languages; and shell scripting. Aside from key technical abilities, these professionals need to have strong leadership skills to motivate team members and know how to efficiently make important decisions. Technical leads should also have strong communication skills to oversee personnel and foster collaboration with other organizational departments. These leads should display a high degree of adaptability in order to learn new technologies as needed and successfully manage the daily challenges of a technical environment.
Relevant Experience & Qualifications
You'll need: experience in systems development, analysis, computer programming or testing. a degree or postgraduate qualification in business information systems, computer science or computer engineering, information management systems, mathematics or software development. In-depth technical knowledge isn’t a necessity as that is often required more by the people you’ll be managing. However, it’s important that you understand what technologies are out there (Unity, Java/J2EE, SQL, AWS,and C#).
Two years experience minimum.
If you are interested in the position and would like to apply, please email your CV to email@example.com along with some info about yourself.